Most people understand that it is necessary for the body to have a period of rest and therefore keep in mind that lack of sleep can have a negative effect on your health. But in many cases, they may not be aware that there are certain habits that can affect the quality of their sleep.
In fact, these bad habits usually present moments before going to bed and its recurrence leads to a bad night’s sleep, little rest and other problems.
Faced with this situation, Sklaper consulted with NUEVA EPS experts, who pointed out the most common mistakes that people make before going to sleep:
- Consume coffee, tea, alcohol, tobacco; especially during the afternoon or at the end of the day, this is because these substances are stimulating and make it more difficult to fall asleep
- Do physical exercise late at night, because physical activity generates an activation of the organism
- Take long naps (no more than 20 or 30 minutes) at the end of the afternoon
- Eat dinner and immediately go to bed
- Watch TV, play video games or use cell phone before bed because these activities can increase brain activity and prevent having a good sleep
According to the entity, sleep specialists affirm that fatigue, irritability and a bad temper are some of the effects of having a bad night’s rest. But they also warn that its effects may be greater, since insomnia causes serious health effects such as low production of antibodies and therefore the vulnerability of the immune system increases.
As a result of this situation, the New EPS offers a series of recommendations that can help achieve a better sleep routine and therefore a higher quality rest.
- Maintain regular sleep schedules, trying to go to bed and always get up at the same time.
- If it is not possible to fall asleep after 15 minutes, you should get out of bed and relax the body until sleep appears.
- Try to have a light dinner, it is not appropriate to go to bed feeling hungry or full. It is advisable to drink a glass of warm milk to stimulate relaxation before bed
- If you are taking medications, you should consult your doctor if any of them causes insomnia. If so, it is important to adjust the schedule depending on the hours to take the medicine.
- Avoid exposure to bright light in the late afternoon and at night
- It is essential to maintain an environment that favors having a good rest
- You should try to have a suitable temperature, avoid noise, use relaxing colors on the walls and bedding, and try to have a comfortable bed.
- Do relaxing activities before going to bed, such as listening to calming music, taking a warm shower, massages
Finally, it is important to emphasize that the human body requires 6 to 8 hours of sleep, it is necessary to try to have a rest that is restful and that allows the organism to be restored so that it can assume the daily tasks.
Because the use of cell phones is one of the factors that most affects people’s sleep, for this reason a couple of months ago Android incorporated the ‘bedtime’ mode to help users who have trouble falling asleep .
How to use ‘bedtime’ mode on cell phone?
- Initially, the settings of an Android phone should be accessed
- In the menu that appears on the screen, you must look for ‘Digital Wellbeing & Parental Controls’ option or just ‘Digital Wellbeing’the name of the tool varies depending on the brand of equipment.
- Select the functionality called ‘Bedtime mode’.
- The ‘Activate now’ button will appear on the screen, along with a switch with the name ‘Activate according to schedule’
- Now the user will be able to adjust how the “Bedtime Mode” should be activated and the days of the week that this option will be enabled automatically.
It should be noted that on some Android models, such as Samsung devices that use the One UI custom layer, it is possible to activate ‘sleep mode’ through the alarm function.
This way, the user only has to enter the apps clock, create a new alarm and the configuration of that tool will be enabled on the screendepending on an alarm that needs to be applied.