When a person begins to exercise, they do so for a specific reason. For example, some have a goal of rapid weight loss, others plan to increase their stamina, and still others want to increase their muscle mass.
To fulfill each of the aforementioned purposes, it is vitally important to have a clear and healthy diet. In what corresponds to the increase in muscle mass, professionals recommend increasing the consumption of fruits.
Precisely, the specialized portal gastrolab advised eating the following five fruits after exercising:
- Plantain or banana: “The banana is one of the healthiest fruits to gain muscle mass, because thanks to the minerals such as potassium and magnesium it contains, it helps us in muscle recovery. In addition, they also enhance volume gain. They do this with an average contribution of about 100 calories, ideal for increasing your mass. So if you can take your smoothie with this fruit about 2 hours before training, well there, your body will thank you after training”, highlights the platform.
- Walnuts: “Queens of the Nuts, of course, also have a place on this short list. And it is that they have a good amount of healthy calories, which if you incorporate them into your diet, can help you gain volume. They are not cheap, but having a good supply of them at home is well worth it. In addition, they always come in handy in smoothies such as banana or strawberry, which if they are very cold, will remind you of ice cream of this flavor and will benefit you after training”.
- Figs: “They are probably the least popular, but no less effective for that. Actually 3 figs can provide you with up to 100 calories that can help you gain muscle mass. In addition, it is one of the healthiest fruits, which would allow you to grow muscular and if you are one of the people who does not crave much for its texture, remember that you can always combine it with other fruits or foods.
- apples: “They are somewhat cute, but the truth is that its consumption is worth it, above all, because an apple contains polyphenols that help increase the strength and power in which you lose fat. So that consuming them alone, with lemon or even in a smoothie, can make you say ‘winning, as always’”.
Pineapple: “The darling of diets could not be left behind, as it improves the assimilation of proteins and helps to recover muscles after training,” concludes the site.
After knowing the fruits that help to increase muscle mass, it is valid to mention that they should not be consumed in excess, if so, their nutrients cannot be absorbed in the best way, which could cause serious consequences.
Protein shakes to gain muscle mass: how to prepare it
Magazine AHOWTOpublished through the portal Sports worldunveiled the recipes for a series of natural shakes rich in protein that contribute to gaining muscle mass.
Chocolate and almond milkshake
Ingredients: a cup of skimmed milk, chocolate-flavored whey protein and half a chocolate brownie with almonds.
1. Put all the ingredients in a blender.
2. Beat until all have been properly integrated.
3. Consume before starting training.
Ingredients: two bananas, milk (500 ml), three tablespoons of oats and five boiled eggs (five whites and two yolks).
1. Peel the bananas and chop them into pieces.
2. Put the pieces in the blender along with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Process until there are no lumps.
4. Drink at room temperature after training.