Plants are known to provide various health benefits and have been used for many years, and that is the case of horsetail, which It has diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial, healing and remineralizing properties.according to the Portuguese health, nutrition and wellness portal Tua Saúde.
In fact, this plant “helps you lose weight because it contains antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, detoxifying, and diuretic substances, such as flavonoids and caffeic acid, which increase localized fat burning and help eliminate fluids that can cause excess body fat.” weight”.
In addition, he pointed out that “Caffeic acid from horsetail has a thermogenic effect, which helps increase metabolism and burn fat, contributing to weight loss.”
Therefore, to obtain the benefits, you should drink cough cups of horsetail and especially after meals, and to prepare the drink you have to boil a cup of water and add a tablespoon of horsetail that should be left standing for five or ten minutes to be able to consume.
Along the same lines, he indicated that “in addition to tea, horsetail can be found in supplement form, the recommended dose being between 500 and 570 mg, three times a day, and must always be used under medical guidance or from a health professional.” health with experience in nutritional plants”.
However, the plant does not work miracles and this drink, as mentioned, must be consumed after meals and the diet must be balanced and healthy.
Thus, a healthy diet to lose weight is one that includes all the nutrients that the body needs and some recommendations from the Portuguese portal are to prioritize:
- “Fruit, preferably with skins and whole, avoiding juices, such as strawberries, peach, cherries, watermelon, papaya, kiwi, apple, pear and banana (preferably green, which is richer in fiber);
- all kinds of vegetables, giving preference to those that are green and raw leaves, such as spinach, arugula, chard, lettuce, cabbages, as well as other vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, pumpkin, zucchini, garlic, fresh peas;
- low fat proteinremoving the fatty parts and choosing the leanest cuts of red meat, chicken or turkey, fish, eggs or tofu;
- Skimmed dairy and derivatives, like milk, yogurt and white cheeses;
- Whole grains and legumes, such as oats, rye, quinoa, brown rice and bread, wheat germ, chickpeas, beans or lentils, for example, being consumed in moderation.
- good fatssuch as avocado, coconut, olive oil, and nuts and seeds, such as walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews, flaxseed, sunflower, chia, pumpkin, and sesame.”
You also need to drink water, and most men generally need about 13 cups of fluid a day and most women need about nine.
However, water consumption may vary depending on the activities that are carried out day by day. For example, if the person exercises he should consume more water to cover the loss of fluids. Also, if the weather is hot and you sweat more, it is advisable to increase your water intake, or if a woman is pregnant, she may need more fluids.
Additionally, you must exercise and it is recommended to do at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of intense aerobic activity per week, or a combination of moderate and intense activity.
In any case, the information given above in no way replaces medical advice and therefore the first thing to do is consult a health expert so that he or she can guide the process and indicate what is most appropriate for each person. .