Matheus Uribe has the fans of Porto and Flamengo in suspense. The Colombian player has not yet defined his future and there are many rumors.
Brazilian media have taken it for granted that the Colombian National Team player already has everything arranged to be a Flamengo player.
“The conversations between the club, player and staff they reached a common denominator and Uribe wants to defend Flamengo. The mission, however, is to convince his wife Cindy Álvarez to live in Brazil”, says Globe Esportand.
However, the directives of the Brazilian club deny that there is an agreement with the Antioquia.
“If I was close to closing the contract, I would not be in Rio de Janeiro. I would be in Porto to close the player’s contract,” said Marcos Braz, vice president of the institution, in statements compiled by or play.
The team led by Vitor Pereira and which has just lost the Carioca tournament and the South American Cup Winners’ Cup is not the only one trying to drive, an old acquaintance from Mexico is also doing it again: América de México, in which Uribe was between 2017 and 2019 and with which he won three titles.
Porto has just been eliminated from the Champions League by Inter Milan, who won the quarterfinal spot.
For now, Mateus thinks of Korea and Japan, rivals of the Colombian National Team on the Fifa date of March at Ulsan Munsu Football and at Yodoko Sakura Stadium (Osaka), respectively, on the 24th and 28th of this month.
Who are called by Néstor Lorenzo to the Colombian National Team?
- Alexis Perez, Giresunspor (TUR)
- Álvaro Montero, Millionaires FC (COL)
- Camilo Vargas, Atlas FC (MEX)
- Carlos Cuesta, KRC Genk (BEL)
- Daniel Munoz, KRC Genk (BEL)
- Davinson Sanchez, Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
- Deiver Machado, RC Lens (FRA)
- Devis Vasquez, AC Milan (ITA)
- Jefferson Lerma, AFC Bournemouth (ENG)
- John Arias, Fluminense (BRA)
- Jhon Jáder Durán, Aston Villa (ENG)
- Jhon Lucumí, Bologna FC (ITA)
- Juan David Mosquera, Portland Timbers (USA)
- Juan Fernando Quintero, Junior FC (COL)
- Johan Carbonero, Racing Club (ARG)
- Johan Mojica, Villarreal CF (ESP)
- Jorge Carrascal, CSKA Moscow (RUS)
- Kevin Castaño, Golden Eagles (COL)
- Mateus Uribe, FC Porto (POR)
- Nelson Palacio, National Athletic (COL)
- Rafael Santos Borre, Eintracht Frankfurt (ALE)
Champions League quarterfinals, for the first time in nine years without Colombian players
Real Madrid vs. Chelsea, Inter vs. Benfica, Manchester City vs. Bayern and Milan vs. Naples. The first games will take place on April 11 and 12 and the return games on April 18 and 19.
There is no Colombian player in the eight finalists, a fact that has not happened since the 2013-2014 season, the year in which Real Madrid faced Borussia Dortmund, Manchester United against Bayern Munich, Barcelona against Atlético Madrid and PSG against Chelsea.
This 2023, in Luis Díaz with Liverpool, Davinson Sánchez with Tottenham, Rafael Santos Borré with Eintracht Frankfurt and Matheus Uribe with Porto, there was the hope of being able to reach a place among the finalists of the best club tournament in the world.
Porto lost to Inter Milan by the slightest difference in the first leg and tied in the home leg. Eintracht Frankfurt fell in the two duels with Napoli 2-0 and 3-0. Tottenham lost the first duel with Milan by the slightest difference and in the second leg they only managed to grab one point. Liverpool was thrashed 5-2 by Real Madrid, at home, and in Spain they fell 1-0.