Garlic is one of the most used foods of natural origin in the kitchen. A large number of preparations can be seasoned with this plant and, like onion and lemon, it has different medicinal properties.
This food is of Central Asian origin and the best known varieties of this vegetable are white and purple. Garlic is an antiviral par excellence, it is used for lung infections, sore throats and respiratory difficulties. In addition, it is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6 and manganese, according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development of Mexico.
Also, this product contains antioxidants that protect against cell damage and aging. Although the consumption of this food does not guarantee that people will not get sick, experts recommend including it in the diet to take advantage of its benefits.
In addition, the portal better with health indicates that a home remedy based on garlic and thyme could be helpful in clearing the lungs. However, as with these types of alternatives, there is no scientific evidence to support their effectiveness. That said, it is always best to see a medical specialist.
Also, the specialized magazine AHOWTOpublished through the Mundo Deportivo portal, explained that garlic can also help keep the liver clean, an organ of the utmost importance for humans.
However, these are not the only benefits of a food like garlic, since when consumed with lemon it can help to unclog the arteries when they are clogged by some substance.
contribute “with the decrease in bad cholesterol (LDL) while increasing the good (HDL); helps reduce fat deposited in certain areas of the body, lowers blood triglycerides, helps prevent thrombus formation; It helps to lower blood pressure or blood pressure and improves the functioning of the liver and, therefore, favors the purification of the organism”, reports the portal The truth. This is the garlic and lemon remedy:
- Four heads of garlic.
- four lemons.
- Three liters of boiled water.
- Peel the garlic and cut the cloves into halves.
- Lemons are washed well and cut into small pieces, without removing the rind, add lukewarm water, previously boiled, and mix everything.
- The resulting mixture is distributed in three glass containers, tightly closed and stored in the fridge for three days.
- After this time, the remedy is strained and left in the refrigerator again.
Foods that clog arteries
1. Meats and sausages. Meat is a crucial source of protein. However, consuming this food in excess can lead to a dangerous increase in bad cholesterol levels. In addition, it is not nutritionally advisable to eat sausages, bacon, bologna and other sausages more than once a week.
2. Sugars. Currently, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have warned that the massive consumption of sugar damages the walls of the arteries and promote the accumulation of plaque. So it is best to avoid soft drinks and sweets.
3. Trans fats. This type of fat significantly increases bad cholesterol in the arteries. It is important to avoid cakes, cookies, microwave popcorn, frozen pizza, and stick margarine.
4. Saturated Fats. Saturated fats contribute to the accumulation of bad cholesterol in the blood. Whole milk, some types of cheese and other dairy products fall into this category.