VOD News brings you the best premieres of the week on Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, HBO Max, Netflix, SkyShowtime… And, yes, another weak week in terms of premieres, so we’re going back to do a from goose to goose and… The Boston Strangler He wears it, although as we usually say around here, for tastes, colors. And not another thing, but colors, the ones you want and more.
We start, then, with Disney +, which is where it premieres The Boston Strangleralthough depending on what your body asks for, you may be interested in more Fleishman is in troublea series that has been brought exclusively to the platform and that is preceded by very good reviews.
The Boston Strangler is an original Hulu film, produced by Ridley Scott, based on the case of the famous serial killer who in the early sixties assaulted and murdered thirteen women. In this new key adaptation of the feminist claim, the perspective of the journalists who uncovered the story, played by Keira Knightley (Pirates of the Caribbean, pride and prejudice) and Carrie Coon (The Leftovers, Fargo). Typical, but it serves its purpose, which is to entertain and recreate a bit of the atmosphere of those intense days.
- Bono & The Edge: A Sort of Homecoming. «Bono and The Edge, from the group U2, return to Dublin accompanied by Dave Letterman and remember their experiences as musicians and as friends. This is the story of one of the most important friendships in rock and roll history.”
- course of 2007 (T1). “After a catastrophic flood occurs during a party held at an all-girls high school a decade after graduating, a group of women must find a way to survive not just the apocalypse, but coexistence with each other.”
- Fleishman is in trouble (T1). “Newly divorced Toby Fleishman, 41, plunges into the hectic world of dating through apps with a success he had never experienced dating as a young man. However, his ex-wife disappears, leaving him with the children and no clue as to where he is or when he plans to return.
- marriage agreement (T1)
- Amazon: borderline territory
- bleach (Complete series)
- Bleach: The Thousand Year War (T1)
- Turning the tables with Robin Roberts (T2)
- owl house (T2)
- Where is Private Dulaney? (T1)
- The pig
- My family (T1)
We continue with Netflix, where there are some other striking premieres, such as that of the animated series Agent Elvis; the animation movie The magician’s elephant with which they seem to want to repeat the success of the sea monster, despite the fact that just animation doesn’t seem to accompany it; a documentary about the history of Pornhub; or the second season of shadow and bone. All in all, you highlight a series here.
Up to Heaven: The Series It is exactly that: the continuation of the movie. The series, in case you’re wondering, brings together great figures of the national interpretation, such as Luis Tosar, Fernando Cayo or Tomás del Estal with a lot of youngsters, ultimately those in charge of taking history forward. A story of action, crime and various stupidities with which to emulate, even in the distance, things like The Money Heist.
More exclusive content:
- Agent Elvis (T1). In this adult animated comedy, Elvis trades in his white suit for a rocket pack. He is now a spy and he must prevent some villains from destroying the world. »
- Bert Kreischer: Razzle Dazzle. “Bert, shameless and shirtless, talks about bodily secretions, being abused by his daughters and an explosive family visit to an escape room.”
- With the help of Ariyoshi (T1). “Ariyoshi is usually the presenter, but this time he lets a group of celebrities serve as emcees while he takes on the role of bewildered helper.”
- Dance 100 (T1). “To win $100,000, eight choreographers must create increasingly difficult routines for an increasing number of dancers each round… who are also judges.”
- the king of shadows. “After the death of his father, two stepbrothers end up on opposite sides of a conflict that continues to escalate and has tragic consequences.”
- Offside: Crimes, corruption and cricket. “This sports documentary looks at India’s biggest match-fixing scandal, giving a voice to the players involved and the journalists who uncovered the case.”
- Deep Down: The Story of Pornhub. “This documentary offers an in-depth look at Pornhub’s successes and scandals through interviews with artists, activists, and former employees.”
- The magician’s elephant. “A brave boy accepts the three impossible challenges that a king demands of him in exchange for a magical elephant… and the chance to fulfill his destiny.”
- The jungle law (T1). “Twelve people stranded in the jungle must collaborate or sabotage each other to get a piece of the jackpot. Each player has a price. What’s yours?”
- mind noise. “After returning to his childhood home, a man investigating a factory accident linked to his father ends up unearthing some murky family secrets.”
- symphony in blue (T1). «A musician arrives on a beautiful island to organize a festival. There he begins a love story and ends up involved in the problems of the locals. »
- shadow and bone (T2). “Sinister forces conspire against orphaned cartographer Alina Starkov when she unleashes magical power capable of changing the fate of her war-torn world.”
- It was time. “In this time-travel tragicomedy, a stressed-out man searches for a way to slow down his life when he starts jumping from one year to the next every few hours.”
- Under cover (T2)
- sweet song
- Carry On Cruising
- good boys
- forest plum
- Cosh Boy
- Date Movie
- Ikebukuro West Gate Park (T1)
- Johnny Nobody
- The Kardashians (T2)
- big bad wolf
- The unspeakable loves
- Personal motives (Complete series)
- Rich women of Beverly Hills (T2)
- Stronger than your destiny
- Millionaire Estates: New York (T2)
- The Colditz Story
- Tiger and dragon (T1)
- Time Is My Enemy
Apple TV+ follows yours, that is, with the new episodes of its series being broadcast, but also with releases such as those of Monster Factory either A challenging future, two new series that are not doing as expected (especially the second, a most predictable and stretched plea against climate change); but also another of those that have triumphed in style, such as the third season of ted lasso.
- Monster Factory (T1). “Welcome to the well-known Monster Factory, a school where a group of lycra-clad outcasts flee their routine to fight for the dream of being professionals.”
- ted lasso (T3). «Winner of 11 Emmy Awards, including two consecutive for Best Comedy Series (2021 and 2022). Jason Sudeikis is the manager of a British soccer team. He makes up for his lack of knowledge with optimism…and cookies. »
- A challenging future (T1). “Eight interconnected stories told over 33 years look at how climate change on our planet will affect family, work, faith… and survival.”
SkyShowtime is getting its pulse back a bit this week with the launch of a couple of new series, although only in these parts, since they are their own or exclusive productions that it continues to add to its catalogue, while the broadcast continues new chapters.
- Deadline Day: Football’s Transfer Window (T1). Much talked about but little understood, the transfer period is a period at the end of the international professional soccer season when players are bought and sold between teams, resulting in a multi-million dollar business.
- Funny Woman (T1). “When the witty and beautiful Barbara Parker finds her voice through stand-up comedy, she leaves her life in Blackpool, England, behind to fight to make it in the male-dominated world of comedy in 1960s London. »
- The Calling (T1). “When a seemingly routine investigation turns everything upside down, an NYPD detective, charged with a spiritual mission to bring justice, trusts his own principles of humanity.”
- Blaze and the Monster Machines (T1-T2)
- The Big Baby Shark Show (T1)
- henrydanger (T1)
- home (Complete series)
- Libby, Are You Home Yet? (Miniseries)
- No Way Out: Waist Deep
- Sunny Day (T1)
- a crazy house (T1-T6)
Three quarters of the same for Amazon Prime Video.
- SUN (T2). Making many headlines, Dom becomes Rio’s most wanted criminal. The police are after him and he needs a plan to escape.
- Swarm (T1). “Murders. Sex. Music. It is not a work of fiction.”
- Influencers: surviving the networks (T1). «Docureality in the key of factual in which the content creator and activist Luc Loren investigates what consequences the use of networks has had on influencers.»
- LOL: Last One Laughing Argentina (T1). «The successful format “LOL” (Last One Laughing) reaches Argentine lands!»
- no footprints (T1). Desi and Cata find a dead body in the mansion they just cleaned. Now they have to escape from the police, but also from some Russian hitmen, a family of millionaires and an ex-husband with a mariachi band. Let’s see how they get out of that ‘fregao’.”
- there you will find me
- dangerous cuts
- The Boss Baby: Family Business
- The secret of the angels
- Once upon a time in… Hollywood
- lost girl (Complete series)
- beyond the truth
- companion bot
- The Goldbergs (Complete series)
- The Program (The idol)
- Vicky the viking and the magic sword
And a little less for HBO Max, where The Last of Us It has already finished its journey with no replacement in sight, at least as far as media impact is concerned, because for quality…
- batwheels (T1). “An incredible group of super-powered crime-fighting vehicles to defend Gotham City alongside Batman, Robin and Batgirls and a host of other DC superpowers.”
- Superman & Lois (T3). “Follow the world’s most famous superhero and the most famous journalist in all of comics as they deal with the stress, pressures and complexities of being a working parent in today’s society.”
- Always with you
- snowfall (T6)