All the organs of the body fulfill vital functions for its proper functioning; however, the kidneys are two organs that must be cared for by two. According to Medline Plus, the US National Library of Medicine website, these are bean-shaped and each is about the size of a fist.
For its part, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention specify that the kidneys’ main function is to produce urine, which is the way the body eliminates liquid waste from the body. In turn, the kidneys also play a role in controlling blood pressure and stimulating the bone marrow to produce red blood cells.
These organs are protected by the spine and the other muscles of the back. However, any injury can lead to intense bleeding, in addition, they can be injured by damage to blood vessels, which can be caused by the following conditions: trauma, renal vein thrombosis, arteriovenous fistula, aneurysm and arterial obstruction.
Faced with these health problems, which can cause serious infections and inflammation in the kidneys, it is important to see a doctor to determine the cause and the treatment to follow, which generally depends on a healthy diet. In addition to this, the consumption of fruits rich in water is essential for the proper functioning of the kidneys. In fact, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends consuming 400 grams of fruits and vegetables a day to maintain good health.
Under this scenario, the Bolivian Information Agency (ABI) indicates that one of the most beneficial fruits for these two important organs is pineapple, which is rich in vitamin C, potassium and bromeliad. This last nutrient has anti-inflammatory and diuretic effects that help to correctly and easily eliminate toxins from the body through urine. Also, this fruit helps fight infections and inflammation in the kidneys.
In the same way, it is worth mentioning that pineapple is a low-calorie fruit that helps reduce inflammation in the body. In addition, it is an antioxidant, improves the digestive process and combats nausea; It has even been shown that its use has a positive effect on kidney health.
How to consume this powerful fruit?
Pineapple juice for the kidneys
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces.
- Process both ingredients in the blender until the desired texture is obtained.
- Consume at the moment.
- If you want a thicker drink, add more pineapple than milk, or add a few tablespoons of rolled oats.
In turn, there are other fruits or vegetables that help produce beneficial drinks for kidney health. The preparation of some of them is related below:
Cucumber and parsley juice
- Half a cup of chopped parsley, both the leaves and the stem.
- 1/4 cucumber without shell, chopped into pieces.
- Take the ingredients to the blender, mix well with a little water if necessary, process and drink once it is ready.
celery and apple juice
The green apple contains a lot of water which helps the kidneys to eliminate toxins and purify. Also, a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition shows that apple juice can help reduce the risk of stone formation.
Ingredients: (for one liter)
- 3 green apples.
- 2 branches of celery.
- Cut the apple into cubes and chop the celery.
- Add enough water to facilitate the process in the blender. Beat until homogenized and try to make it a little thick.
- It is advisable to drink immediately to take better advantage of its cleansing properties.