WhatsApp has been characterized over time by sending messages with all kinds of information, from multimedia files, documents and text messages.
The Meta application has been classified as one of the platforms that has been making the most changes, either for cell phones that have an Android operating system or the iPhone itself.
One of the functions of this application is to delete messages, which can be used in two ways: the first is to delete them from the chat itself (Delete for me) and the other to prevent the person on the other side of the conversation from seeing what has been sent (Delete for everyone). In addition, the respective chats can be deleted, that is, all messages will be lost.
These tools can become a headache for people, since on some occasion the information is needed again or simply the doubt of knowing the content of the message is removed.
In that order of ideas, there are different external applications that collect all the information from the chats with the authorization of the user. However, it is important to specify that care must be taken with the permissions that are given, since some can end up violating the personal data of the users.
Applications to recover WhatsApp messages on Android
- Ultimate Data App: This application is characterized by recovering multimedia files, such as videos, audios and photos.
- iSkysoft Android Data Recovery: the platform allows users to recover entire chats, especially if they are accidentally deleted.
- Tenorshare UltData for Android: the application is one of the most famous among users, since it does not need backup copies and it does not invade the information of the phone.
Applications to recover WhatsApp messages on iOS
- iMobie PhoneRescue: this apps allows all users to recover lost data including deleted messages.
- Tenorshare UltData: the platform is the best known on the iPhone and, like Android, it does not need backup copies. The application recovers data on iPads.
So you can add an expiration date to WhatsApp group chats
WhatsApp updates do not stop and most are focused on group conversations; For example, a couple of months ago the instant messaging platform introduced the ‘communities’ option.
This tool allows you to organize the members of a main group into subgroups, that is to say, that their location depends on the interests they have in common.
Another feature for group chats is ‘temporary messages’, a tool that when activated will automatically delete all content in a chat after 24 hours, 7 days or 3 months. The platform developed by Meta also increased the capacity from 512 to 1,024 participants.
However, in the last few hours it became known that a new tool called ‘expiring groups’ will arrive. This new function allows the participants of a certain group conversation to be able to set an expiration date to the groups.
In that sense, the chat will be deleted at the previously configured time; however, the action can also be undone if all members change their minds.
It is important to mention that at the moment the function is still in the development stage. However, it can be tested on the beta version of WhatsApp, but only on the iOS operating system.
How to install WhatsApp Beta on an iPhone?
- Install TestFlight on the iPhone that will be used to test the features of WhatsApp.
- Open the app and accept the terms and conditions.
- Enter to have a place among beta users.
- On the platform, click on the ‘Install’ button.
How to add an expiration date to WhatsApp group chats?
- Open the beta version.
- Enter a group chat.
- Click on the name of the group to access its settings.
- Press the “Group expiration” section.
- A window will be displayed with four options: “In a day”, “In a week”, “Custom date” and “Remove expiration date”.
- Choose the preferred option and schedule the date.